[mythtv-users] Mythweb - searching music - .18.1 code avaliable

Don Brown don at donbrown.ca
Sat Jan 7 02:16:11 UTC 2006

I noticed that Mythweb already had a bunch of code writen to support filters
against the music list but didn't seem to be making use of it..  So I changed
my version of mythweb to use that code.  It allows filtering your music
library by Title, Artist, or Genre.

If you want the code, just send me a note off line.  If there's any
significant interest, I'll post it to the list.

I head that Mythweb was in the middle of a rewrite, so I don't think it has
much value to too long.  But for those of us living in an 18.1 world, it's a
very nice feature.

Also, I hacked up the code to 'hide' recordings of category 'Adults Only' and
in recording group 'Other', making the recording list a bit more family friendly.
If you want this code, again, just ask.  The proper solution would be to only
display it if they enter the password for the recording group, just like in
the frontend, but I thought this simple hack was good enough for me.

Thanks to all developers and contributers for such a fantastic open source
solution.

--

Don Brown