[mythtv-users] Werid recording problem

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Fri Jan 6 23:32:50 UTC 2006

Hello all,

Using MythTV from SVN version 0.19.20051208-1, using 2 x Nova-T DVB-T
cards in the UK

Saw something that I thought I might be interested in, decided to record
it and forget about it.  I don't remember which channel it was as it was
from a search.  Anyway, wanted to watch it, but found the recording was
complete gibberish - looked like this:

http://www.biased.org/misc/mythtv/prob.png

confused me somewhat.  Checked Live-TV and both tuners working just
fine.  Poked around somewhat, and saw in the logs:

logid: 2615
module: scheduler
priority: 5
acknowledged: 0
logdate: 2006-01-05 21:03:52
host: mythtv
message: Started recording
details: 9/11 - The Plane That Fought Back: channel 1018 on cardid 1,
sourceid 1

logid: 2625
module: scheduler
priority: 5
acknowledged: 0
logdate: 2006-01-05 22:35:01
host: mythtv
message: Finished recording
sourceid: 9/11 - The Plane That Fought Back: channel 1018

Went "Hmm" - Channel 1018 (the numbering system is a hangover from when
I had an analogue and a DVB card together) - that's Channel 18.  Looked
up mythweb - Channel 18 doesn't exist.  Eh...

Anyone have any ideas of where I can start looking?  Why did it try and
record from channel 18 where it obviously doesn't exist?  The logs shows
it recorded 1 1/2 hours worth of video but only 66meg (about 3 mins)
acutally got recorded.

It's also strange as the logs shows the first DVB card was used to
record it and it's the one that's used most of the time and it never
gave any trouble until now?

One more thing (maybe related?) is that when I tried to edit it and
transcode the video, it failed the first time but then worked OK the
second time:

logid: 2654
module: transcode
priority: 5
acknowledged: 0
logdate: 2006-01-06 22:57:55
host: mythtv
message: Transcode Starting
details: 9/11 - The Plane That Fought Back: 66.6 MB (Autodetect)

logid: 2655
module: transcode
priority: 5
acknowledged: 0
logdate: 2006-01-06 22:57:57
host: mythtv
message: Transcode Errored
details: 9/11 - The Plane That Fought Back

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Regards - Piers