-[S]- Re: [mythtv-users] drive full? ringbuf1.nuv and / at 100%

Bret Schuhmacher bschuhmacher at workbrain.com
Fri Jan 6 15:09:08 UTC 2006

I'm having the same problems with the latest KnoppMyth (R5A30).  /cache
fills up and mythfrontend just goes dark (have to kill it from another
xterm).

The default settings in mythtv-setup were not pointing to /cache, but
rather /var/lib/cache or something, causing / to fill up.  I changed it
to /cache, but now /cache is filling up.  When I delete the
ringbuf1.nuv, df still shows 100% used, although that's the *ONLY* file
in the partition!  A reboot fixed that, which is odd.

Something seems wrong with the ringbuffer since it's not actually acting
like a ringbuffer, but merely a plain file.  Shouldn't it be a "rolling
window" keeping up to the maximum amount of live tv buffered, deleting
the oldest stuff, adding new stuff all the time (fifo)?  It seems to be
acting like a regular file, filling up space and stopping when it runs
out of space.

Rgds,

Bret