[mythtv-users] Project Grayhem <<WIDE>> theme now available

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05c at crowcastle.net
Fri Jan 6 03:01:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 21:41 -0500, James Armstrong wrote:
> On my screen most of the screens with boxes or selections are right
> at the left of the screen and are getting chopped off due to over-
> scan. The placement of the menu and the mythTV logo are perfect. The
> Watch Recordings, Guide, Video Manager, etc the left side gets
> chopped off. When I was working on my wide theme, I was told there
> should be a % of safety area around the border where nothing is
> placed. I forgot who told me and how much it was. There was a web
> page listed that showed examples.

FYI:

In 720p, the right dimensions for my GUI are 1152x672+64+25.
In 1080i, the GUI dimensions are 1717x993+104+36.

I'm currently running in 720p with the GUI dimensions manually set.  The
overscan isn't completely consistent, but it's within a few pixels.

Of course, if I were using a VGA cable instead of a DVI cable, I would
use the magic timings X modes to have a mode without overscan.  Alas,
that doesn't work with DVI.

--PC