[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 6 00:59:14 UTC 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Mike wrote:

> Chris Ribe wrote:
>
>> Prefering MythMusic to iTunes takes a rare kind of insanity, perhaps.
>> Other than that, why?
> You seriously don't know why he'd want MythMusic instead of iTunes?
> Have you ever used brand name iTunes on linux? (HA HA) Have you
> ever used Linux? Have you ever used MythTV? Do you understand the
> conceptual 'point' of what all this stuff is and does?
>
> -Mike

I didn't make the comment you quoted and I understand why someone
would choose MythMusic over iTunes, but not because of a lack of
functionality in iTunes which is what the original poster complained
about. I tried numerous times to understand specifically what
functionality he was looking for that couldn't get with iTunes and I
didn't get a specific response to that.

Turns out it wasn't a functionality problem at all. He was just
frustrated with OS X and switched to Linux. Again - I have no issue
with that because I know the pain of trying to do development-level
stuff on OS X when you're used to Linux. I love OS X as a front end
to my music, graphics, mail, web browsing life but I can't use it for
the games, PVR, dev part of my life. I can't even write scripts on
it. Even the commercial text editors for OS X suck.