[mythtv-users] Do I need a new DVI cable for 1080p?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jan 5 21:00:55 UTC 2006

kteague at speakeasy.net <kteague at speakeasy.net> says:
> Based on the information I read here:
>    http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html#Page03
> I don't think a dual-link cable would do you any good, as the monitor can d=
> isplay a maximum resolution of 1920x1080.

Yes, but that Webpage is almost certainly assuming 1080i on the part
of the reader. I figure that if my card can do 1080p, and the monitor
can do 1080p (and, of course, all LCD panels are by definition
progressive devices, whether or not the input signal is such), so I'd
want the connection in between to be able to handle 1080p. Based on my
reading of Xorg.log my cable doesn't seem to qualify.