[mythtv-users] ongoing DataDirect problems?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Thu Jan 5 20:48:33 UTC 2006

John Biundo [johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net] wrote:
> Andrew Gallatin wrote:
>   > If I save post file, and run the same wget command that
> > mythfilldatabase does, I see that the data I get back
> > has valid station,lineup,and schedules data.  However,
> > it seems to be missing programs and everything after that.
> > The tail end of the downloaded file looks like this:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> As a follow-up to my last post, I was thinking it would be great to be
> able to verify the downloaded data (i.e., to answer my question of
> whether it was the downloaded data that was borked, or my tables from my
> microsurgery on them).  Which lead to wondering how to get at the wget
> command that's emitted by mythfilldatabase.  Which lead me back to your
> post! ;-)
>
> Could you elaborate on your statement above so I can figure out how to
> get at my equivalent set of wget commands?

I just ran ps while mythfilldatabase was running and captured
the wget command.  For me, it was something like:

wget --http-user='myusername' --http-passwd='mypasswd' --post-file=/tmp/zot  --header='Accept-Encoding:gzip' http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/xtvdService --output-document=- | gzip -df

I got the post file by suspending mythfilldatabase and hard-linking
to the file that it was using, so that it did not get deleted.
My post file looks like:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'
xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xmlns:SOAP-ENC='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:download  xmlns:ns1='urn:TMSWebServices'>
<startTime xsi:type='xsd:dateTime'>2006-01-08T05:00:00Z</startTime>
<endTime xsi:type='xsd:dateTime'>2006-01-09T05:00:00Z</endTime>
</ns1:download>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Drew