[mythtv-users] mythcommflag without using the DB

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jan 5 06:46:07 UTC 2006

> Thanks for prompt response.
>
> Do you know of any other way or tool to detect commercials in a mpeg file ?

You can try comskip, it started as a C port of the commercial detection that
I wrote in Myth.   A couple Windows users ported it to C a year or two ago
and have been working on their own enhancements to it.  I emailed them a
patch to get it compiling under Linux and I think they put it in their
SVN.  It generates a text file like you are looking for.  I'm not sure
of the status of the project, I haven't looked it up in quite a while,
but here is a wiki page on it with links to the SVN repository.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/ComSkip

If you can't get theirs working, I can email you a copy of the source I
have from them which does compile under Linux, but I can't say I was too
impressed with their output.  You might have more luck creating a fake
'recorded' table entry for your files and then just running them
through mythcommflag and have mythcommflag print out the skip list or
just run a select against the recordedmarkup table afterwards to get the
list.

--
Chris