[mythtv-users] mythcommflag without using the DB

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jan 5 05:48:49 UTC 2006

> Does anyone know how to use the mythcommflag program with regular mpeg files
> without using the DB. I just want to get a list of frames bordering the
> commercials in a text file or something.
>
> I would appreciate any help.

There's no way to do this with mythcommflag, it isn't setup to flag
external files that Myth doesn't know about.

> [pd at pd mythtv-0.18.1]# ./programs/mythcommflag/mythcommflag --video
> /video/test.mpg

This command line tells Myth you want to build a seektable in the
filemarkup table so you can play the video file using Myth's internal
player, it doesn't do any flagging of commercials at all.

--
Chris