[mythtv-users] Firewire 6200ch.c: Use Frequency ID Instead of Channel Number?

Jason Sharpe mythtv.list at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:28:36 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I am having a problem with getting the correct channels to tune on my
DCT-6200 using firewire when I have remapped the channel numbers. I looked
in the archive but didn't see anything that pertained to this.

This is what I have and what I am trying to do :

Input 1 HD-3000 OTA
Input 2 PVR-250 Dishnetwork w/IR Blaster
Input 3 DCT-6200 Via Firewire

My inputs are in the system in the priority I want them to record with.

Input 3 has some of the same channels as Input 2 and Input 1 so I want to
use Input 3 as a fall back to record for any conflicts however I only want 1
instance of the channel in the EPG.

Example:

Input 2: Dishnetwork has Comedy Central on Channel 107
Input 3: MediaCom has Comedy Central on Channel 46

By default both 46 and 107 show in the EPG listed as Comedy Central, which I
would expect. So I changed the channel number on Input 3 for Comedy Central
to 107 (leaving the frequency id as 46), this now only lists 1 Comedy
Central.

I have tested the scheduling and it works properly, it uses Input 2 to
record something on Comedy Central unless there is a conflict then it
schedules the recording on Input 3 so I know that part is working.

My problem is that it appears that the 6200c.ch script is sending the
Channel Number via firewire. So when it goes to record Comedy Central on
Input 3 it sends "107" which doesn't work because there is no channel 107 on
MediaCom. My understanding is that it should use the frequency ID to send
the channel change. Meaning when it needs to record Comedy Central on Input
3 it would send "46" not "107".

If I remap the channel numbers on Input 1 or Input 2 it uses the freqid and
not the channel number so I am guessing this is something with the script.

I know I *could* just remap Input 1 and Input 2 to match Input 3, however I
have lived with the channel numbers from Dish for almost 9 years now so I
would hate to relearn the channel numbers. (but I will if I have to)

Anyone know of a way to have the 6200ch.c script send the freqid instead of
the channel number?

Or do I have something setup wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Jason