[mythtv-users] MythTV Book

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:55:52 UTC 2006

On 1/3/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 02 January 2006 23:04, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 02 January 2006 19:20, Terry Dawson wrote:
> > > Is anyone working on a book for MythTV?
> >
> > Yup.
>
> Not to insult your work on a book, but wouldn't a proper Wiki make more sense?
> I mean granted, noone will end up reading it, like they don't use gossamer
> right now, but with as much as Myth changes it would just seem to make sense.
>
> And while I'm at it, where is mythtv.info moving to?
>
> --
> Steve

Just to add... I think a book and a wiki have very different uses.
I'm still going to point back to the asterisk example for this one:

Asterisk wiki: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk - very nice,
fluid, and extremely help place to get information and examples for
all areas of Asterisk.

Asterisk Book: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk/index.html and
here http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=11
(free) - Great overview of asterisk, good for "what is asterisk",
"how/why would I use it", high level overviews, and configuration
appendices.  Not fluid, and not low level; however, it is fairly
detailed.

each serve their own purpose and compliment the other.

Thanks!
Matt