[mythtv-users] Still Can't Get pcHDTV-3000 Installed

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Tue Jan 3 22:52:46 EST 2006

Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> cx88xx: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

Thats your problem right there. You rusing tveeprom.ko from the ivytv
drivers. (which don't support the bttv drivers) They are getting it
incorperated with v4l shortly so one of the next couple releases of the
kernel will not have this problem. (based on you using post 0.4.1 drivers)

Anywho, what you need to do is make sure you using the tveeprom.ko from
the kernel and not the ivytv drivers. Then it should detect both.
(kernels can deal with the 250 but ivytv's cant deal with the 3000) So
if you can find the old tveeprom.ko from the kernel and move the
tveeprom.ko out of the way from the ivytv drivers. You should be able to
reboot and it won't give you that messeage. (and work) Its what I have
to do to get my PVR-500, PVR-350 and HD-3000 working.

-Mike