[mythtv-users] OT Recommended Modem for Cid

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Tue Jan 3 23:36:51 UTC 2006

Scott Starkey wrote:

>I am looking for a recommendation on a brand/model modem that works well with the Caller-ID functions.  Would the X100P cards that work with Asterisk work?

If you're using Asterisk, you'll need an X100P. Note that they're not
all created equal - I've had some 'clones' that won't do CID, while some
can. The genuine article should be fine, if you can get one.

If you're not using Asterisk, I think you have a wider choice. I
understand that most modern modems will decode CID, but I could be wrong.

Cheers,

Jon