[mythtv-users] Updating list of HDTV tuners for the HOWTO

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05c at crowcastle.net
Tue Jan 3 20:47:17 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 14:19 -0600, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> (Known to work)
>      *  The PCHDTV card
>      * The air2pc (1st gen)
>      * The air2pc (2nd gen)
>
> (Might potentially work)
>      * The air2pc hd5000 (3rd gen)
>      * The DViCO FusionHDTV 3 GOLD-Q
>      * The DViCO FusionHDTV 3 GOLD-T
>      * The DViCO FusionHDTV 5 GOLD
>      * The DViCO FusionHDTV 5 LITE
>      * The ATi HDTV Wonder
>      * The AVerMedia AVerTVHD A180
>
> I'd like to confirm that there are users successfully using this second
> group of cards.

I'm quite happy with my Air2PC AirStar HD-5000 (3rd gen) card.  I'm only
using it in QAM mode.  Note: This requires kernel 2.6.15 or separate DVB
driver installation.

You should also note that the PC-HDTV HD-2000 (older model) only works
for broadcast ATSC, not for QAM.  The HD-3000 (current model) does both.

--PC