[mythtv-users] Alternate source of TV Listings?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 16:21:39 UTC 2006

I feel your DataDirect pain - my provider is listed,
but it is a small cable company (they take the DirecTV
feed with many set-top boxes, or some equivalent and
then rebroadcast on analog within the apartments), and
about 15 channels have their listings information
offset by three hours.  I have submitted a patch that
will at least correct the offset, here's hoping that
it gets committed, otherwise I'll have to use
xmltv_grab_na_dd, modify the data and run
mythfilldatabaSe with the --manual flag.  Ugh.

In my case, Zap2It has been rather unresponsive - well
that's not 100% accurate.  They were responsive until
I told them which channels were wrong, and then they
stopped being responsive.  I can see it from their
perspective though - what it costs them to update
guide listings is far more than what we provide them
in marketing information.

Before the DataDirect protocol was established, MythTV
used to use XMLTV to scrape the Zap2It webpages and
convert them into XML.  If you want TitanTV
information, I think that this is the route you'd
havce to go.  You might want to see if the XMLTV
people have been working on a TitanTV grabber.

-- Joe

--- Bret Schuhmacher <bschuhmacher at workbrain.com>