[mythtv-users] Single quote breaks myth2ipod script

Steffen steffenf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:21:55 UTC 2006

On 1/2/06, Jens Baumeister <jens.baumeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> > Just got myth2ipod working. However, the test show I was using had a
> > single quote in the name which broke the script.
> [...]
> It's a known issue. Unfotunately, the script hasn't been updated since
> November. There's ongoing discussion int he mysettopbox.tv-Thread
> linked from the myth2ipod page:
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=38860

I have made a patch to the script which uses nuvexport instead of
ffmpeg. This is better because the .8b version of the script (the
current one at myth2ipod.com) uses ffmpeg, and therefore does not
support transcoded recordings.

This patch also fixes the problemt with quotes and other characters
breaking the script - by avoiding the issue completely. What I mean by
avoiding it is that it names the files on the mythbackend server like
this: $chanid.$starttime.$portable.mov

This naming discussion really is a non-issue because when you
subscribe to the ipod feed, iTunes automatically renames the
downloaded files using the program metadata from mythtv
($showname-$episode).

The patch can be found here: http://juniks.org/myth2ipod.patch

You need to add the iPod export option to your nuvexport for this to
work. Described here: https://svn.forevermore.net/nuvexport/ticket/56