[mythtv-users] Diskless(& Slow) Front End Possible?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Tue Jan 3 03:59:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

	I'm trying to determine if there's anyway to use an old PC (~200Mhz
with a suitable TV-out graphic card) and use it to be a frontend.

What I'm hoping for is actually to do all the video processing/decoding
on the master and then only stream it out the diskless front end->TV.

Is this possible? SOmething like LTSP where all the heavy processing is
done at the backend. If this is possible, then all I need is just an OLD
PC and a new Graphics card.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!