[mythtv-users] mythfrontend on windows

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Mon Jan 2 21:52:46 UTC 2006

> Is there anyone with experience with running mythfrontend on windows? Is
> there any other way to get a mythfrontend running (someone tried it with
> vmware or something?).

It is easier just to install the dsmyth driver (and a suitable codec if not
already there) and then play recordings with a player of your choice (I use
ZoomPlayer, because it is easy to set up to handle non-square pixels and it
starts fast). If you want to watch livetv, then start recording via mythweb
and watch that recording.
Now I have set up an additional PC with MythTV, so I seldom use Windows PCs
to watch recordings...

Niels Dybdahl