[mythtv-users] Why FireWire makes sense even for those without HDTV displays

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Jan 2 19:53:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 04:41 -0800, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Alex Malinovich <demonbane at the-love-shack.net> says:
--snip--
> > Would I still get the true HD signal out to the TV?
>
> As mentioned I don't have an HDTV display right now, so I don't know
> for sure, but I can tell you that the box still happily sends out
> non-HDTV signals from its rear outputs. The same channel as whatever
> the MythTV box has set the cable box to, of course.

I'll be anxiously awaiting you getting your new TV because this setup
sounds like EXACTLY what I want to do. Please let us (well, me :) ) know
as soon as you get it up and running with the new TV and any problems
you encounter along the way. In the meantime, I'm going to get on the
phone with my cable provider and see what they can tell me about the
FireWire output on my box. Thanks again for all the info.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837