[mythtv-users] Easiest way to burn shows to DVD?

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Mon Jan 2 19:13:33 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Baumeister" <jens.baumeister at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Easiest way to burn shows to DVD?

Hi,
[snip]

Could you post the package versions and any error messages you get
while installing or running the software?
[snip]

Jens

-------------

Hi Jens,
    thanks for that.   Sounds like Mythburn is the way to go.

   My problem with install is that readin the HowTo
http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=MythTVBurn_Scripts_HowTo

it states:
" Take special note of dvdauthor/imagemagick versions: dvdauthor < 0.6.12
does NOT work with imagemagick > 6.0.7.x."

 Whereas I have installed:
dvdauthor-0.6.10
ImageMagick-6.2.2.0

I cannot find an update for dvdauthor beyond 0.6.11 which is the latest on
sourceforge.
Likewise I dont know how to downgrade ImageMagick to 6.0.7.x or if doing so
will break anything else.

Hence I stopped at this point in the howto.      Any further advice would be
welcome, thanks.  eg, can I downgrade ImageMackick with apt-get?    (sorry I
am not a Linux expert I just try to follow the instructions !!)

thanks again,
Dave