[mythtv-users] Live Playback of HDTV isn't smooth

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:22:22 UTC 2006

I've got a backend with 3 hd tuners in it, and a frontend with an
Athlon 2500+ (overclocked to 2700+)  I'm using an nvidia 6200 to drive
a westinghouse lvm-37w1 at 1920x1080, with sound going out via ac3
passthrough.  Recorded programs play back great.  However when I try
watching live tv, (usually sports) things just aren't right.  Audio is
fine, but video is somewhere between smooth and jerky.  Its tough to
describe, but the more you watch it, the more it starts to hurt your
eyes.....  Sometimes it looks like things are going in slowmotion, and
then it speeds up then back down.  Anyone have any suggestions?