[mythtv-users] Nuvexport aspect ratio problem

frank s frank8205 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 19:26:11 UTC 2006

I appreciate the modification that ffrr posted, but
didn't want to make that code change yet because there
are sometimes that I will be making 4:3 DVDs and I
wanted to get to a point where I had the option to do
either.

As an intermediate work-around, I used the debug
option of nuvexport to get the command lines that it
generates.  Then I ran the first two exactly as
generated by nuvexport.  In a new terminal window, I
ran a modified version of the third by removing
-padtop and -padbottom, changing -s to 720x480, and
setting the output aspect ratio to 16:9.  It worked
like a charm!  I had no problem with ffmpeg at all and
the output looked fine (I did upgrade the default
settings for video quality when running nuvexport).
Maybe I'm using an improved version of ffmpeg from
what was originally used for the development of
nuvexport?

As I see it, it would be ideal if the exporting
program defaulted to use the same aspect ratio as the
original program and then had a switch that would let
the user change the default if desired.  Anyone have a
different view?