[mythtv-users] Missing Files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 28 18:29:25 UTC 2006

On 02/28/2006 12:47 PM, Adam Bodnar wrote:
> On 2/28/06, Jeff Clemens <teedub303 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So a couple of shows that should have recorded this weekend show up as
>> recorded in the GUI, but when you try to select them for viewing, myth
>> cannot find the file.
>> I assume this means that they are in the database, but the file doesn't
>> exist.  Unfortunately, since myth can't find the file, it also cannnot
>> delete the recording.  Thus, I'm stuck with these shows showing up in the
>> UI, that aren't really there.
>>
>> I haven't hacked around with the database much at all, especially since the
>> .19 upgrade to the schemas.  Does anyone know a query to remove these
>> orphaned recordings from the database?
>>
> Tail your /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log (or wherever your log file
> is) and then go in the frontend and try to delete one of the
> recordings. The log file will show an error of it not finding the
> file. Copy this and go to the directory where your recordings are.
> Then do a touch on the filename of the recoding. ie, touch
> 1068_20050713210000_20050713220000.nuv . Then try to delete the
> recording from the frontend.
>
> Repeat and rinse as needed. :)

And note that in 0.19, you /can/ delete recordings with non-existent
files.  You simply get a dialog notifying you that the file does not
exist and asking if you still want to delete the recording.  I've seen
it work, so if it isn't working on your system, something is wrong (that
is something besides whatever caused Myth to lose a couple of files :).

Mike