[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.19 and lirc on debian sid

Greg Farrell greg at gregfarrell.org
Tue Feb 28 11:40:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 12:31 +0100, vala ki wrote:
> I've been using 0.19 on a debian sid machine (compiled from source with lirc
> support ) for a week now, but can't seem to get lirc working inside mythtv.

> Could someone point me in the right direction?

Few things to make sure you've checked.
1) Is your lircrc file saved as ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc? note there's no . before the lircrc
contrary to lirc convention.

2) Did you edit the lircrc for mythtv if you were using it previously with irxevent? It should be
like:
begin
    prog = mythtv
    repeat = 2
    button = vol-
    config = bracketleft
end
With a value of mythtv for the prog entry, otherwise the event won't be sent to mythtv. The config line
is also different, it isn't "Key x windowName" unlike for irxevent.

3) Is your mythtv compiled with native lirc support? it's a configure option. It probably is but apart
from getting the sources and checking debian/rules for the included configure options I don't
know how you can tell. If you've a decent connection I'd "apt-get source mythtvPackageName". Then look at the
source and search the debian/rules for the configure line, just to make sure it's compiled with lirc support.

I got no feedback about lirc from mythfrontend when I was trying to get the native support working.
Perhaps if I'd run it with -verbose all I would have.

  best of luck
    Greg