[mythtv-users] Optimising a diskless frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 28 01:08:25 UTC 2006

On 02/27/2006 07:32 PM, Matthew Mc Clement wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> Matthew Mc Clement wrote:
>>
>>> I just switched the recordings mount to Samba
>>>
>>> However, LiveTV is completely broken now and only works at random.
>>>
>> Try adding 'ttl=100' to your smb mount command line.
>>

> I'm using cifs not smb, which doesn't support the ttl option.

You set the equivalent setting with cifs using:

echo 0 > /proc/fs/cifs/LookupCacheEnabled

then remount your share.  I can't verify that it will work, but that's
the cifs approach for setting NFS's "noac" option.  Setting the ttl to a
very small value on smbfs is functionally equivalent to the NFS/cifs
approach.

Mike