[mythtv-users] different audio levels for PVR 350 & 150?

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Tue Feb 28 00:19:14 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/27/2006 10:59 AM, Jeff Thurston wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know how I can set two different recording volume levels for
>>a PVR-350 & PVR-150 in the same backend?
>>They both work great, however the 350 seems to have correct recording
>>volume levels in the recording profile,
>>yet the 150 (which uses the same profile) is much louder than the 350. I
>>have tried adding a second recording profile
>>which works well except that I can't find a way to designate a specific
>>profile to a tuner, they seem to always default
>>to the original default profile. I'm sure there is something I am missing :P
>>
>>The system is running FC4 2.6.15, ivtv .4.3 and Myth .19.1.
>>I'm using the 350 tv-out & the line level out from 350 as well.
>>I used Jarod's guide and have for quite some time now, aside from the
>>audio on the 150 everything is great :)
>>
>>I've looked at setting the audio level for the card by command line
>>using ivtv but it seems that Myth changes
>>that whenever it starts recording?

Well, it's a hack, but you could do this with simple scripting.  (Doing
it correctly would involve significant work in Myth itself, including
adding a database field.)

Use myth's "external tuner" feature instead of tuning the card directly.
  Have that script run ivtvctl to set whatever you want (including audio
level) and then have it tune the channel via ivtv-tune.  This presumes
that myth will not again change the audio level *after* it runs the
tuner program; I don't know that for a fact that it won't.

Here's the skeleton of what I mean.  You have to set the command
parameters, of course, as needed:

#!/bin/sh
ivtvctl command to set audio level
ivtv-tune -d /dev/whatever -t us-cable -c "$1"
---END---

Let me know if it works.  I might want to tweak audio levels for a few
channels that I know are too loud or too soft.

Len