[mythtv-users] A/V sync 80-100mS off - HDTV

Timothy Braje tbraje at myvest.com
Mon Feb 27 23:15:57 UTC 2006

Steve Skarda wrote:
> Is it typical to have varying audio sync on HDTV?   Roughly 50% of the
> shows I record are sync'd correctly.   Another 40% typically have the
> video 80-100mS ahead of the audio.  Ten percent of the time, the audio
> is up to 800ms off.   I have to adjust the audio manually from the menu
> during playback but that has to be reset after every fast forward or
> commercial skip so it is pretty annoying.

I am having the same problem.  Haven't spent much time debugging it, but
it seems that if I play with the settings:

	XvMC on/off
	OpenGL vsync on/off
	Deinterlacing method
	Extra audio buffering on/off
	Use video as timebase on/off

Then I can make it work for any given channel, at the expense of others.
  Haven't been very scientific as of now.  I am using the pc3000 HDTV card.

Tim