[mythtv-users] lirc config for PVR-350...missing?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:09:36 UTC 2006

On 27/02/06, Lee McLain <lee.mclain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>     I am following Jarod's HOWTO for FC4 and have run into a problem with
> lirc.
>
>     I have installed the lirc file as per the instructions and everything
> seems fine until I get to the part where it's talking about the different
> remotes for the PVR-350.  I have the "older black and gray" version with the
> four colored buttons surrounding the volume and channel buttons.  The
> following step:
>

> For the older grey and black remote:
> # cp /usr/share/doc/ivtv-*/lircd-g.conf /etc/lircd.conf
>
>  does not work.  The file does not exist.  I tried to continue with the
> setup from there, but when I start lircd, I get no output and when I try to
> run irw, it says:
>
>  connect: No such file or directory
>
>  and then it does nothing else.  Any ideas where I can get the correct
> config file and will this fix my problem?

Lee,

lirc.org is always the best place to get remote definitions for use
with LIRC. The one you are after can be obtained here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/lirc/lirc/remotes/hauppauge/

You want the lircd.conf.hauppauge file (rename to /etc/lircd.conf). As
is possible with remote defnintions, you can store more than one in
the config file. The remote definitions you are after is called
'hauppauge_pvr' and is the second of the four definitions. I've used
these definitions with my older black and grey Hauppauge remotes with
no trouble.

Nick