[mythtv-users] Yesterday's Grey's Anatomy wasn't recorded

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Feb 27 22:48:32 UTC 2006

Cymen Vig wrote:
> On 2/27/06, Dawning Sky <the.dawning.sky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just found out that yesterday's Grey's Anantomy wasn't recorded on my
>> mythbox.  But the episode was in the listing.  Anyone had a similar problem?
>>  I'm running Myth 0.19 from ATrpms.
>
> It recorded for me but note this thread:

> After that thread, I modified my recording schedule for the show so
> that it no longer had specific start/end times. Actually, it looks
> like I added one for 09:01:00 PM to 10:00:00 PM and one for 09:00:00
> PM to 10:00:00 PM which is dumb (I'll go fix that) but perhaps your
> schedule and recording profile had the same issue?

Well, this is a clue. From my DB backup file:

INSERT INTO `oldprogram` VALUES ('Grey\'s Anatomy','2006-02-19 22:01:00');
INSERT INTO `program` VALUES (2129,'2006-02-26 22:00:00','2006-02-26 23:00:00','Grey\'s Anatomy',...

If 'Grey\'s Anatomy' recorded as All or Channel there would be no
problem but if someone set a WeekSlot rule for 22:01:00 on Sundays,
it would have matched the 19th but not the 26th. If there was a Single
rule for 22:01:00 and they changed to schedule to 22:00:00, it would
get marked as NotListed to let you know that the one showing was not
a match but for a recurring rule, there may or may not be any showing
on Sunday for any given week so it can't draw this conclusion.

Check the rule from the Priorities page or elsewhere to see the
record rule type and the starttime if daily or weekly. Also check the
Previously Recorded page to see if there is an entry with a status for
any showing on Sunday evening.

A show like this should be recorded All or Channel. I think there is
a tendency to think 'I always watch this show at this time' but there
is no reason skip showings on a special night or time. WeekSlot should
only be used if you are trying to avoid other showings.

--  bjm