[mythtv-users] different audio levels for PVR 350 & 150?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 27 20:30:20 UTC 2006

On 02/27/2006 10:59 AM, Jeff Thurston wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can set two different recording volume levels for
> a PVR-350 & PVR-150 in the same backend?
> They both work great, however the 350 seems to have correct recording
> volume levels in the recording profile,
> yet the 150 (which uses the same profile) is much louder than the 350. I
> have tried adding a second recording profile
> which works well except that I can't find a way to designate a specific
> profile to a tuner, they seem to always default
> to the original default profile. I'm sure there is something I am missing :P
>
> The system is running FC4 2.6.15, ivtv .4.3 and Myth .19.1.
> I'm using the 350 tv-out & the line level out from 350 as well.
> I used Jarod's guide and have for quite some time now, aside from the
> audio on the 150 everything is great :)
>
> I've looked at setting the audio level for the card by command line
> using ivtv but it seems that Myth changes
> that whenever it starts recording?
>
> Thanks for the help!

Currently not supported by Myth.  There has been talk of adding a
per-card volume setting, but it hasn't yet been done.

Also, Jeff, waiting only 4 hours to post the "anyone" bump message makes
sense with a commercial support desk, but isn't very appropriate on an
open-source mailing list.  Remember that not everyone sits at their
e-mail workstation waiting for messages to come in.  Some people read
them once a day, others once a week, others when they get around to it.
(And, as a matter of fact, bumps are generally considered poor
netiquette. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_%28internet%29 )

Mike