[mythtv-users] QAM64 + TimeWarner SoCal

Scott Clark scott at myaddiction.org
Mon Feb 27 16:33:01 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, Rob <djrobx at djrobx.com> wrote:
> I don't understand the problem?  You say you found 9 channels, which are
> your OTA networks, plus some HD "cable" ones.  That's most likely all you're
> ever going to get digitally.  The rest are probably encrypted.   The HD
> "cable" channels will probably get encrypted too at some point.
>
> The same goes for your cable box and firewire.  Myth can't speak 5c
> encryption, so when the cable company encrypts a channel, you won't be able
> to record it.  Again, it's not uncommon for some cable companies to "forget"
> to enable encryption, but don't count on it working.
>
> -- Rob

Rob I don't think you understood what I was asking. I understand I'm
not going to get my entire digital cable package on my pcHD-3000 card.
My only concern is I feel like I'm the only one in the US on this
mailing list running QAM64, I thought maybe I was doing something
wrong. I would love to follow these great tutorials on setting up HDTV
by fine-tuning the channels, getting the lock on, frequency settings,
the whole nine yards. I just can't seem to find much information about
how to go about doing that with QAM64. I'm just curious to see if
anyone else grabs their HD using QAM64 and how they went about
configuring it with mythtv.

Thank you.