[mythtv-users] QAM64 + TimeWarner SoCal

Rob djrobx at djrobx.com
Mon Feb 27 16:21:33 UTC 2006

I don't understand the problem?  You say you found 9 channels, which are
your OTA networks, plus some HD "cable" ones.  That's most likely all you're
ever going to get digitally.  The rest are probably encrypted.   The HD
"cable" channels will probably get encrypted too at some point.

The same goes for your cable box and firewire.  Myth can't speak 5c
encryption, so when the cable company encrypts a channel, you won't be able
to record it.  Again, it's not uncommon for some cable companies to "forget"
to enable encryption, but don't count on it working.

-- Rob