[mythtv-users] Chat client for MythTV

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:23:30 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, Soeren Larsen <soeren at whiteswan.dk> wrote:
> Robert Johnston skrev:
>
> > The only problem that I can see with this is when people are using a
> > Myth box as it's really meant to be used - With a remote.
>
> I do not necessarily agree with you on this one. Think of cell phones
> and how they all (at least Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Siemens, etc. (I'm
> european)) use T9. You could use the same thing on a remote as most (if
> not all) of them have numeric keys.

I know that, having a European Nokia 6260 myself. But the main problem
with how Myth used to work in text-entry boxes was that there was no
way to delete a character.

Also, there are still some places where t9 won't cut it (If a word's
not found in the dictionary, for example). While implementing t9 would
help some (For chatting), I still think the only really feasable way
to do it would be to have a keyboard.

And anyways, this won't work at all 'til the Myth UI is redesigned and
re-made so plugins can run asynchronously, and appear over Playback
and from within any menu.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston