[mythtv-users] For Ubuntu/Debian users - how do you know which updates are in a package?

Jo Shields directhex at apebox.org
Mon Feb 27 15:13:01 UTC 2006

David Brieck Jr. wrote:

>I'm pretty new to Ubuntu and the Debian apt system. I more familiar
>with RPMs and ebuilds so please excuse my ignorance.
>
>Short question: How would one know if the mythtv package(s) available
>have the latest bug fixes available for the release?

There's no easy pre-install method per se. Your best bet is the
"changelog" file. This is installed along with the package, into
/usr/share/doc/$PACKAGENAME/changelog.Debian.gz - or can be viewed on
the web via http://packages.ubuntu.com/$PACKAGENAME - go to a package's
page, then at the bottom is a link for "Debian Changelog". You may need
to delete any unneccessary "ubuntu" crap from the URL it proposes.