[mythtv-users] QAM64 + TimeWarner SoCal

Scott Clark sccloatrtk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:13:07 UTC 2006

I have a pcHD-3000 tuner card hooked up directly to the digital cable feed.

With mythtv-setup I am unable to get signal on anything other than
QAM64(I get 9 channels which I assume are my basic CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX,
etc. plus a few misc. HD channels such as TNT or whatever)

I've seen very little about QAM64 and US-cable on this mailing list
and via google so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong and I
should be using QAM256. If anyone has QAM64 with us-cable did you use
a custom frequency table with dvb-tools(atscscan) or just edited your
database manually with what mythtv-setup provided. I get channels like
106#1, 106#2, etc. and those are my 9 signals I got via the QAM64
scan.

Sorry if this message didn't seem to have a point or made little
sense, I'm tired and I'm just looking for some guidance to get me
going in the right direction.

Also -- with regards to Firewire, I have a second recording source and
I can control it perfectly with the sa3250ch channel changer. I can
grab the basic HDTV channels over firewire, but I run into one
problem. Sometimes, and I don't know what causes the fix, I have to
reload the modules, reset the STB, or a combination of the two in who
knows what order to get it working properly again. Has anyone had any
similar problems with the firewire being somewhat flaky?

Thanks a lot,

Scott