[mythtv-users] Nuvexport aspect ratio problem

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:07:43 UTC 2006

>>Here's the advice I got (it's probably archived here - but in case you
>>can't find it)

>>No official fix that I'm aware of. The problem is that nuvexport forces
>>all
>>recordings to 4:3 format whether or not you want it to. (Hint: It should
>>really be a user defined option!). You can make a quick change to DVD.pm
>>use 16:9 instead.

no no no, there's a setting in nuvexport just for this kind of thing. check
out http://www.inaudible.co.uk/nuvexport/index.php?ResAndRatio and read the
"Recordings Shown With Wrong Ratio" bit (or, if you want the quick answer,
change the following in /etc/.nuvexportrc

#  If nuvexport is having trouble detecting the aspect ratio of your
recordings
#    (MythTV still hard-codes all software-encoded files as 1:1 regardless
of
#    the true aspect), set this option to one of the following:
#
#   force_aspect = [ 1:1 4:3 16:9 2.21:1 ]

Christopher