[mythtv-users] Nuvexport aspect ratio problem

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 27 08:48:26 UTC 2006

frank s wrote:

>It seems to show that the movie aspect has been
>altered  from 16:9 to 4:3.

Yep, the nuvexport I have does the same too.

>I have installed the
>,nuvexportrc file in the /home/user directory and
>changed the line to force_aspect = 16:9.  I have also
>verified that the .nuvexportrc file is being read and
>acted upon by changing the file naming to use
>underscores in place of spaces and the new filenames
>reflect that setting.  At this point I am at a loss as
>to what to do to correct the aspect ratio of the
>exported files.  Any thoughts on what steps can be
>taken would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the advice I got (it's probably archived here - but in case you
can't find it)

No official fix that I'm aware of. The problem is that nuvexport forces all
recordings to 4:3 format whether or not you want it to. (Hint: It should
really be a user defined option!). You can make a quick change to DVD.pm to
use 16:9 instead.

ffmpeg/DVD.pm (in /usr/local/share/nuvexport/export/ffmpeg)make the following change:
In the section marked:
# Force to 4:3 aspect ratio

Replace or comment:
$self->{'out_aspect'} = 1.3333;