[mythtv-users] sorting watch recordings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 27 01:42:09 UTC 2006

On 02/26/2006 07:26 PM, Michael Freeman wrote:
> On 2/26/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 02/25/2006 09:35 PM, Michael Freeman wrote:
>>
>>> can i sort the watch recordings screen by show title rather than day
>>> recorded?
>>>
>> The only options for sorting are:
>>
>> Sort Episodes
>>     - Record date
>>     - Original Air date
>>     - Program ID
>> Selects how to sort a shows episodes
>>
> in particular, i wanted my episodes of 24 to show up in order of day 1-5
> rather than in order of when myth snagged them off cable.
> so you're saying there's no way to do that.
Oh.  Why didn't you say so?  ;)

All you need to do is forget what you think you want and instead realize
what you really want.  You're suggesting sorting episodes by episode
title (subtitle).  This would seldom be useful (only for 24 and Surface
and a few other shows).

However, what you really want is to sort by the date in which they
aired.  This is frequently useful.  See "Original Air date" above...
(Note that your grabber must provide the original air date information
or you'll have to manually update the database to include the
information.  It's possible this will only work automatically with
DataDirect.)

Mike