[mythtv-users] Should I give up on ATI for HD out and switch to Nvidia?

Andrew Casper andrew at casper.net
Sun Feb 26 22:34:51 UTC 2006

I have an ATI X850 XT and I'm trying to connect it to an HD ready TV
via component cables. I have tried many different approaches, but I
can't seem to get to TV out connector to display more than 640x480 on
my television. The latest version of the ATI driver (8.22.5) finally
recognizes the model of my card correctly and the ATI control panel
can control the gamma for the TV and an attached LCD separately. But
I can't seem to resize the TV out.

So, I am at a quandary: Am I trying something that is impossible? If
I bought a NVidia card with a HDTV output, would everything work
easily? And which modern NVidia cards have people had success using a
component output and FC 4?

All help is appreciated.