[mythtv-users] Firewire on SA3250HD Help Needed

David Vasquez vasqued2 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 18:31:18 UTC 2006

I am having problems getting my Firewire connection to
work with my SA3250HD.

I am running FC3 and Myth 0.19.

The SA3250HD is running Passport 3.3 Build 017.
Vendor ID=0x14f8
Model ID=0x0be0
Unit Spec ID=0x0989
SW Version=0x0100

When I connect the two boxes and run plugreport I get
the following:

  [root at mythbox ~]# plugreport
  Host Adapter 0
  ==============

  Node 0 GUID 0x0014f8b2b8240000
  ------------------------------
  oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
  oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0,
  n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0,
  payload=146
  iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

  Node 1 GUID 0x00301b1100002b98
  ------------------------------
  libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
  libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

  [root at mythbox ~]#

When I use use sa3250ch (altered to pass the channel
in binary, not ascii), the channel changes correctly.

When I use test-mpeg2 on node 0 with the SA3250 tuned
to an unencrypted digital channel, I create an empty
file and plugreport will then report
n_p2p_connections=1.
If I bring up the Diagnostic Menu on the 3250 (holding
Select and Exit for 3 seconds) and go to the 1394
menu, I can see that the Plug Status goes from '1
Idle' to '3 Active' once the 'test-mpeg2' command is
issued.

When I use testctl, I can change the n_p2p_connections
but I can not change bcast_connection=1.  It always
stays at 0.