[mythtv-users] Managing recordings

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Feb 26 16:55:00 UTC 2006

I know this is probably in the FAQ/wiki somewhere,but i can't find it....

I thought that Myth would automagically delete older recordings before
it runs out of disk space....

Not so - at least not with my 0.18.1 backend....

Or I am missing a switch or config somewhere....

Here's what I need to happen:

When the recordings partition starts to get full, I want the oldest
recordings deleted.  I would also like to have some recordings (like
news) deleted after a day regardles...  And myth needs to keep about 10
GB free for transcoding space....

Can some/all of this be done?

Thanks,

--Yan