[mythtv-users] Is there a way to extend recordings started with live recording.

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 26 08:44:05 UTC 2006

Is there a way to extend recordings started with live recording
(pressing 'R' while watching the event).  It appears to only do 30min
slices.

The channel is via an external STB so there is no program guide as such.
Its a 3hr sports event and its looking like I will have to manually
restart the recording every 30 mins.  Ive tried doing a manual record,
but it starts then exits immediately - is 3 hrs too long for a manual
recording?  Idealy I could make it record 'forever' until I manually
terminate it.

BillK