[mythtv-users] Transcode broken after FC4 yum update

Matthew Conway wr0ngers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 05:37:15 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, Chris Cox, N0UK <chrisc at britishcaranddriver.com> wrote:
> [transcode] warning : (dl_loader.c) loading
> "/usr/lib/transcode/export_xvid.so" failed
> [transcode] warning : (encoder.c) loading audio export module failed
> [transcode] warning : failed to init export modules
> [transcode] critical: plug-in initialization failed

I was having an almost identical problem, except in my case it said:
[transcode] warning : (encoder.c) loading video export module failed

Usually failures in loading a shared library (.so extension) boil down
to that shared library not finding some other shared library it
depends on.  You can track this down by running "ldd" on the
offennding library, in this case, "ldd
/usr/lib/transcode/export_xvid.so". In mase case, the offending line
in the output was:

        libavcodec.so => not found

I did a "locate libavcodec.so" and only found
"/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51" and .so.51.1.5 - i.e. no plain ".so"  I
added a symlink, "ln -s /usr/lib/libavcode.so.51
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so", reran "ldconfig -v" so it could find it, then
transcocde started working again.

I think the libavcode51 rpm need to be updated to include/create a link as well?

Hope this helps.

--

Matthew Conway
w r 0 n g e r s  a t  g m a i l  d o t  c o m