[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.19 has escape but no halt?

Zach Garner zach.garner at fusemail.com
Sun Feb 26 02:38:54 UTC 2006

I've been using myth for ages and honestly I probably haven't noticed halt
being on the ESC screen for a long time, but that didn't bother me because
I was using Myth on top of KDE.

Tonight I decided that it was time to drop the KDE layer and set Myth to
startup directly without the extra over-head (which worked great with some
pointers I found on the list here).

Trouble is I can't seem to get the halt option to display. I've been under
Settings/Utilities>Setup>General where I'd configure the escape key (or
key variations) and the halt or poweroff options are listed there, but
when I hit escape I only see exit or no.

I'm using GDM so this is a little frustrating, but at least I can log in
with ssh and do whatever I need. The reason I'd set this up though was for
my wife who won't have the patience with this.

Sorry I'm rambling. Short question: what am I missing here? I know I've
seen the option work in the past. I know it makes reference in the gui
setup, which leads me to believe I'm overlooking something painfully
obvious.

I did find one post in the archives dealing with this exact issue but the
poster replied to him/herself simply stating to disregard without
providing the solution or outcome (I hate that).

Any help?