[mythtv-users] gmail users Re: Chanell changing problem over firewire using sa3250ch

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Sun Feb 26 01:50:35 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 February 2006 20:28, Ken Beal wrote:
> Okay, so the answer to my polite request is that bandwidth is a concern.
> The example given was 50 KB, so I'll focus on that: 50 KB costs almost
> nothing to transmit, almost nothing to store, and (the text) provides value
> for new readers.

Bandwidth isn't my concern (though, try 50KB x 5500 users x 200 messages / day
for closer bandwidth numbers for this list).  Readability is.

Go to this url:

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-February/125289.html

and tell me that you can honestly read that quickly.  Note the mix of top and
bottom posting, the multiple copies of the list footer, etc.  This supposedly
"reduces the burden on the user"?  That's a laugh.

Additionally, top posting is quite rude to continue doing when people have
been asked _many_ times to not do it on this list.  If I have to start
enforcing rules, I will.

Isaac