[mythtv-users] Debugging mythfrontend

N.E.Whiteford N.E.Whiteford at soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 26 01:23:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've tried the myth-dev list but perhaps someone here can help me. I'm
trying to gather some debugging information with gdb for a problem
I have with mythfrontend. I've compiled a debug version of myth, and
have tried the following.

1. gdb mythfronted -x gdbcommands (from the howto)
2. attaching gdb to the running mythfrontend, when I have the problem
3. running mythfrontend, then Ctrl+C to kill it and examining the core
   file (unlimited core files allowed).

The problem with the first 2 options is that gdb appears to use up all
available memory, and the mythfrontend and mythbackend processes get
killed ("Killed" appears on the console output).

The problem with the 3rd method is that the stack trace just contains
one unresolvable memory address. Does anyone have any advice on
debugging myth?

Cheers,