[mythtv-users] Myth mpeg4 encoding

Vincent Yau v_yau2 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 00:59:15 UTC 2006

Hi:

I recently switched my MythTV recordings using the MPEG4/MP3 encoding
and it works great.  I could not play it with any player except VLC (from
Videolan).
I thought that maybe because I don't have the proper MPEG4 codec installed.
However, I have a need recently to burn these MPEG4 NUV files
onto DVD discs.  I believe I have to convert these files into MPEG2 first.
No matter what tools I tried, even once that are commercial
and claim to be able to handle MPEG4, still cannot read these Myth NUV files
that
are supposedly MPEG4/MP3.

Am I miss understaning something?  How I can convert these MPEG4 NUV files
onto MPEG2 (DVD) format?

thanks for any pointers.

--Vincent