[mythtv-users] best quality capture card for software encoding?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 21:36:07 UTC 2006

On 25/02/06, Nick Bartos <spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com> wrote:
> I have tried the pvr150 cards and am unhappy with the encoding quality,
> and since I have a real beefy cpu I'm going to try getting a generic card
> and do the encoding in software.

What settings are you using (resolution/bitrate)? I'm constantly
impressed with my PVR cards (350/150) and their quality output. I'd be
very surprised if using a dumb framegrabber and software encoding
resulted in higher quality output than using a card engineered
specifically for this purpose.

Nick