[mythtv-users] Playing Video Files

Jeffrey Montgomery jrmontg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 00:47:49 UTC 2006

I have added a .avi and a .ogm file to the /var/lib/mythvideo directory.  I
started mythfrontend and setup up the .ogm and .avi extension under file
types in video setup.  I am not real sure what to put for the command
because I also used the gui interface.  I entered mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet
-vo xv and then tried to play the file in mythtv and got this error:

vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
Xv: could not grab port 59
Could not find free Xvideo port - maybe another process is already using it.
Close all video applications, and try again. If that does not help,
see 'mplayer -vo help' for other (non-xv) video out drivers.
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

How do I resolve this?  I want to be able to play .avi, .mpeg, ogm files.
Thanks for the help

--
Jeff