[mythtv-users] live tv stuttering debian mini-itx 0.19 upgrade solution

M martin at luminoussheep.net
Sat Feb 25 00:20:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm using a debian install on via mini-itx hardware and upgrading to 0.19
discovered that live tv broke along with recording programs and high cpu
usage...
It seems since the upgrade CPU usage rocketed when a program was recording
or when I watched live tv.
It took me a day of searching and looking at the settings to guess what
was wrong so I hope this post saves other people some time.
My solution was setting the transcoder settings "autodetect from mpeg2" to
"losslesss transcoding".

Historical note: I remember changing the transcoding settings so I could
edit programs, it only supported divx/mpeg4 and simply setting the
transcoders to this enabled me to edit programs.

PS myth is excelent pice of software, thanks